Tom’s awesome fair-trade banana bread which is totally awesome, and ethical.
Tom is one of our office volunteers here in North Wales, and as it is Fair Trade Fortnight, we thought we would share with you
‘Tom’s Awesome Fair Trade Banana Bread Recipe’.
The simplest banana cake to make, just right for using up those lovely bananas in the fruit bowl!
We make this in a loaf tin then you can cut slices and butter them for a treat.
Ready in 45 mins
- 125g local butter
- 150g fair-trade caster sugar
- 1 tsp fair-trade vanilla extract
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe fair-trade bananas, mashed
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml local milk
1. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
3. Add the egg, mix well.
4. Stir in the flour and the milk.
5. Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of Demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if liked.
6. Bake at 150 C fan oven (or 170 C regular, Gas mark 3) for 45 mins, until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy!
To spice things up why not add a sprinkle of cinnamon and ginger.